Director of Quality (San Antonio, TX)
Location: San Antonio, TX
Department: Product Management
Reports to: Abhishek Joshi
XPEL, Inc. (NASDAQ: XPEL), a leading supplier of automotive paint protection films, window films, ceramic coatings, and commercial/residential flat glass film, is currently seeking a Director of Quality inits San Antonio, TX corporate headquarters.
Summary We are seeking a Director of QA & Mfg. who will be leading the design, implementation, and sustainability of quality assurance & manufacturing strategies throughout XPEL’s supply & manufacturing workstreams.
· Lead XPEL’s Quality Testing, Quality Engineering & Manufacturing Planning Teams, developing the team core competencies to deliver market-leading product quality.
· Design, implement and sustain quality assurance strategies throughout XPEL’s supply & manufacturing workstreams.
· Establish and maintain quality agreements with raw material suppliers & production partners.
· Oversee quality improvement, yield improvement & corrective action projects with internal and external stakeholders, reporting out production & quality KPI’s to senior leadership.
· Develop internal documentation & auditing standards for QA testing documentation, production record keeping, material traceability and work-in-progress inventory management.
· Collaborate with research and development teams as technologies transition from pilot & scale-up environments to ensure a successful commercialization.
· B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial or Materials Engineering, preferred; adjacent & relevant fields are encouraged to apply.
· Ideal candidates will have 10-20 years polymer films, roll-to-roll, and/or coatings experience with significant involvement in quality assurance, quality control, process engineering, and/pr production operations.
· A strong desire to lead, coach, and develop talent
· Expertise with statistics & hypothesis-driven problem-solving methodologies; for example: Six Sigma, Lean, Agile, etc.
· Ability to travel up to 25%.