Senior Financial Analyst
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Reports to: Director of FP&A
XPEL, Inc. (NASDAQ: XPEL), a publicly traded global network of dealers and installers offering the highest quality film products available, is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for its San Antonio, TX headquarters.
This role will work with a cross-functional group to drive improved decisions and exceptional results through financial insights and thoughtful analysis. It is imperative that this role builds and maintains relationships with business stakeholders, understands business metrics and KPIs, can work with cross-functional teams, and has excellent communication skills.
The ideal candidate possesses a high level of curiosity, is able to work independently, and has a strong drive to understand the 'why' behind the data. In this role, the candidate will interact directly with a variety of business functions such as Sales, IT, Accounting, Marketing, Product etc. This role will report directly to the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis.
As a member of the Finance team this role is expected to lead efforts in improving financial processes ensuring reporting accuracy as well as efficiency while building relationships in the organization that instill trust and reduce redundancies.
The right person will enjoy a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment; is a proactive problem solver and strives to be an integral part of the team and success of the Company. We are seeking an individual that has a strong financial analysis background and wants to work with a world class team.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Financial Reporting: Partner with accounting to compile and consolidate financial reports across subsidiaries, ensuring data integrity and facilitating review.
- Budgeting & Forecasting: Key player in the budgeting and forecasting process, including working directly with the sales team and corporate overhead team leads to create driver-based budgeting models.
- KPIs: Develop and maintain KPI reporting to assist in budgeting, & forecasting, compensation analysis as well as to drive acquisition strategy.
- Cash Management: Reconcile cash actuals to forecast, produce cash forecasts on a weekly and ad hoc basis.
- Variance Analysis: Analyze variances to budgets/projections to help ensure complete and accurate recording of results.
- Incentive Compensation: Compilation and review of incentive compensation plans, payout and accrual calculations, and obtaining relevant approvals.
- Acquisitions: Assist in designing and implementing finance processes for acquisition evaluation and review.
- Process Improvement: Think critically about accounting and finance processes to drive automation, efficiency, accuracy, and other improvements.
- Special Projects: Participate in special projects as needed – such as research, valuation analyses, M&A activity, decision support, and ad hoc reporting requests.
- Other: Other duties as assigned. Secondary Functions:
- Build strong relationships across functions within the company and maintain an open flow of communication.
- Become a trusted partner to help other groups manage and scale their businesses/ departments.
- Requires strong work ethic and a keen ability to set and meet project deadlines.
- Broad experience with other software and financial systems is desired, such as NetSuite, Adaptive Insights and PowerBI.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree required (Finance, Accounting or other related field)
- Four (4) or more years of experience in a combination of accounting or finance roles, with a focus on reporting, planning and analysis in a fast-paced environment
- Solid understanding of accounting principals and financial concepts
- Experience building scalable financial planning, analysis and reporting models and processes to facilitate company growth
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (highly proficient in Excel)