Location: San Antonio, Texas
Department: Finance & Accounting
XPEL, Inc. (NASDAQ: XPEL), a leading supplier of automotive paint protection films, window films, ceramic coatings and commercial/residential flat glass film, is currently seeking a Staff Accountant for its San Antonio, TX corporate headquarters.
XPEL offers a casual, fast-paced environment in a growth-oriented company. We offer a very competitive “TOTAL REWARDS” package, including 401(k) matching contributions up to 4%, nearly 3 weeks of PTO, company-paid short and long-term disability and a comprehensive health & wellness package.
The right person will enjoy a fast-paced environment and is a proactive problem solver that wants to contribute to the success of the company. We are seeking a team member that has a strong operational accounting background and likes to balance multiple priorities. You will strive to be an integral part of a growing, publicly traded, multi-national company, will learn and grow constantly, and be supported in all steps of the process by the team and leadership.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares, enters and posts journal entries to record financial activity to the general ledger for month end processes;
- Perform review of transactions throughout the month to ready items for month end closing procedures;
- Daily/weekly review of various revenue and inventory report to verify accuracy;
- Complete complex monthly closing entries, such as customer commission calculations, intercompany billings reconciliation, and warranty expense calculation;
- Work with purchasing and receiving team to resolve purchase order discrepancies and monitor products received and not invoiced
- Assist internal/external auditors in periodic audits
- Work closely with the Customer Service department to process credit memos for customers;
- Reconcile large balance sheet accounts with a high volume of transactions;
- Preparation of periodic reports to Management;
- Periodic special projects;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required; minimum 2 years experience with general ledger entries
- Excellent analytical, creative problem solving, organizational and project management skills
- Strong sense of ownership and curiosity to learn new skills
- NetSuite experience is preferred
- Strong advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is mandatory
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision; comfortable solving daily problems and bringing resolution without additional guidance needed
- Positive attitude and ability to re-prioritize tasks quickly
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Proven ability to work and excel in a team environment
- Desire to work in an evolving environment; must be willing to embrace change quickly
- Commitment to professionalism in all interactions with customers, coworkers and management
- Proven ability to maintain good work habits; punctuality and regular attendance are a must
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills XPEL, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity