Staff Accountant II (TAX) (San Antonio, TX)
Location: San Antonio, TX
Department: Accounting & Finance
Reports to: Katie Tucker
XPEL, Inc. (Nasdaq: XPEL), a leading supplier of automotive paint protection films, window films, ceramic coatings and commercial/residential flat glass film, is currently seeking a Staff Accountant II for its San Antonio, TX corporate headquarters.
XPEL offers a casual, fast-paced environment in a growth-oriented company. We offer a very competitive “TOTAL REWARDS” package, including 401(k) matching contributions up to 4%, nearly 3 weeks of PTO, company-paid short and long-term disability and a comprehensive health & wellness package.
This role will focus specifically on tax, assisting the team on worldwide indirect and direct tax functions.
The right person will enjoy a fast-paced environment and is a proactive problem solver that wants to contribute to the success of the company. We are seeking a team member that has a strong accounting background and likes to balance multiple priorities. You will strive to be an integral part of a growing, publicly traded, multi-national company, will learn and grow constantly, and be supported in all steps of the process by the team and leadership. We are growing! We want team members that wish to grow with us and are looking for opportunities for advancement.
· Assist in preparation of domestic and international income tax return workpapers
· Assist in preparation of domestic and international estimated tax payments
· Assist multinational transaction tax compliance
· Assist in monthly tax account reconciliations
· Prepare accruals for tax liabilities and professional fees
· Assist in maintaining and tracking multinational tax compliance calendar
· Manage sales and use tax process including registrations, exemption certificates, reconciliations, and audit support
· Prepare bills, journal entries, and other transactions in NetSuite to record tax activity
· Assist in annual 1099 reporting requirements
· Other duties as assigned
• Bachelors degree in Accounting required; CPA preferred; minimum 1 year experience in accounting or tax preferred
• Excellent analytical, creative problem solving, organizational and project management skills
• Strong sense of ownership and curiosity to learn new skills
• NetSuite experience is preferred but not mandatory
• Avalara experience is preferred but not mandatory
• Strong advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is mandatory
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision; comfortable solving daily problems and bringing resolution without additional guidance needed
• Positive attitude and ability to re-prioritize tasks quickly
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook
• Proven ability to work and excel in a team environment
• Desire to work in an evolving environment; must be willing to embrace change quickly
• Commitment to professionalism in all interactions with customers, coworkers and management
• Proven ability to maintain good work habits; punctuality and regular attendance are a must
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills