Receiving Specialist (San Antonio, TX)
The Receiving Specialist is responsible for unloading shipments, stocking product, receiving shipments, breaking down pallets, operating a forklift and putting away finished goods.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES BY FUNCTION:
· Check-in drivers and assign dock doors for unloading.
· Verify the pallet count on the BOL.
· Receive the product systemically after verifying the quantities on the packing slip.
· Communicate any discrepancies with the purchasing team.
· Inspect the product for damages.
· Safely operate a forklift to stage and put away product.
· Periodically assist other departments as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- High School diploma or GED.
· Must be organized and able to maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively is a must.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must be able to stand, sit, bend, and lift for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work safely in a fast faced environment.
- Basic knowledge of math.
- Ability to lift 40lbs.