General Manager- Japan (Japan)
XPEL, Inc. is a leading supplier of paint protection film, window film and other products for the automotive industry and beyond. XPEL provides its customers with word-class training, customer support and marketing from corporate operations in six countries plus a global network of trained installers. XPEL is dedicated to exceeding customer expectations in providing high-quality products, customer service and technical support. XPEL (TSXV: DAP.U) is publicly traded on the TSXV Exchange and Nasdaq (NASDAQ: XPEL).
ABOUT XPEL ASIA (Apogee Corporation)
XPEL ASIA was established in 2018 and located in Taipei Taiwan. Leading by the team in Taiwan, XPEL’s vision is to have the team who understand the culture, resides in the same region to overcome the time zone differences, and provide timely support. With the expansion, we will further develop the market with a fast pace and will have more subsidiaries at various countries.
XPEL ASIA is looking for a General Manager of Japan to oversee and build the XPEL team in Japan to further develop the market. The ideal candidate would possess a good leadership, great communication skills, effective working style, good ethic, experience of building teams from scratch and be a great problem solver and team player. The candidate will also have the opportunity to evaluate possible acquisition so related experience would be a plus.
This position is based in Japan and will be reported to Managing Director, Asia and work with the ASIA team and HQ closely.
· Oversee Market Development in Japan
· Oversee possible acquisitions, perform background check and market research to provide feedback to HQ for further evaluations
· Work with HQ and Asia Branch Office to build a fully functional team including Sales, Marketing, Installation, Training, Warehousing, Logistic, Customer Support, and etc.
· Be responsible for running day-to-day operations at a business and guiding general business strategy.
· Develop, key performance goals, manage the performance of staff, resolve internal staff conflicts efficiently and to the mutual benefit of those involve
· Identify new markets, develop new solutions to meet client needs and to seal new business opportunities
· Improve internal process for better productivity
· Oversee large projects and interpreting performance reports
· Create and implement strategies for short-term, mid-term and long-term business growth
· Manage the budget and monitor the financial health
· Analyze service and quality issue
· Provide leadership support and direction to the sales team and take an active role in the marketing plan
· Motive, coach, and train team members and set goals and accountability, provide appropriate feedback, reward and recognition
· Bachelor Degree or higher preferred
· Highly motivated and organized with an excellent work ethic
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Must be able to travel periodically within Asia and the U.S.
· Fluent in English and Japanese; Mandarin would be a plus.
· Excellent leadership skills
· Automotive or Aftermarket experience is a plus.