Field Operations Dealer Support Technician (San Antonio, TX)
Summary We are seeking a Field Operations Dealer Support Technician. This position will assist the Sales Team and Field Operations in setting up and training new Dealerships accounts to successfully operate independently including setting up equipment (plotter and DAP software), basic training for product installs such as window tint, ppf, and chemicals, and best practices for operations. The person in this role will represent XPEL in various internal and external locations ensuring the initial setup and installation technics are done correctly as well as recognizing and executing upsell opportunities.
· Unpack, assemble, and configure new plotters at dealership customer locations.
· Provide end user training on basic use, understanding and functionality of plotter and XPEL DAP software
· Provide basic installation training on XPEL Products including Tint, PPF, and Chemicals
· (coatings, sealants, protectants, etc)
· Travel to various dealership customer locations across the U.S. for setup and training
· Diagnose and resolve problems with plotter and installations.
· Perform preventative maintenance to ensure long shelf life of plotters.
· Provide on-site technical assistance and support for XPEL DAP software.
· Troubleshoot, and repair on-site assets.
· Perform other duties as assigned to ensure a positive experience at dealerships.
· Other duties are also but not limited to peel board assembly and AV cart assembly.
· Basic knowledge of setup, support, and maintenance of plotters
· Experience troubleshooting and fixing software related issues
· Basic PPF, auto tint, ceramic coatings, and paint correction skills
· Understanding of Dealership Operations
· ability to identify cross-sell and up-sell opportunities
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
· Valid driver’s license
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs
· Ability to lift items / packages (up to 45 lbs. / 15 kg)
· Bilingual: English and Spanish is a plus