Director, Training (San Antonio, TX)
Location: San Antonio, TX
Reports to: Timothy Hartt
XPEL is a leading supplier of paint protection film, window film and other products for the automotive industry and beyond. XPEL provides its customers with word-class training, customer support and marketing from corporate operations in six countries plus a global network of trained installers. XPEL is dedicated to exceeding customer expectations in providing high-quality products, customer service and technical support. XPEL Inc. is publicly traded on the Nasdaq Exchange as “XPEL”.
XPEL offers a casual but fast-paced environment in a growing company, competitive benefits, including 401(k) contributions, company-paid short and long-term disability and a competitive medical package.
1. Oversee Training Curriculum and team of Installation Trainers
a. Provide or direct ongoing training to improve understanding, competence, and communication of fundamental and advanced installation techniques
b. Ongoing assessment and improvement of training curriculum to ensure instruction of contemporary installation techniques
c. Implement and maintain processes to accurately determine the availability of class openings and/or outbound training missions
d. Instill a culture of continual evolvement and improvement among all team members
e. Ensure communication of new developments, techniques, procedures, and/or styles between individual trainers and between the training staff and other relevant departments (design, installation, customer service)
f. Implement and maintain system of mass correspondence with XPEL partners and customers to alert them to changes in the recommended installation processes, fluids, tools, etc.
g. Work with XPEL managers globally to anticipate their training needs and have training ready and available in the languages and countries that it is needed.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in complex inventory, distribution, and supply chain environment required.
· Passion for technology and good understanding of current technology landscape and issues.
· Strong executive presence and leadership skills. Self-starter with a deep passion and motivation to drive growth in existing and new products.
· Solid business acumen and analytical ability to guide product to achieve business goals.
· Well-versed with the product management lifecycle from concept to launch and beyond.
· Experience managing or crafting external technology partnerships working on end-to-end activities including partner selection, contracting and execution.