Business Intelligence Analyst (San Antonio, TX)
XPEL, Inc. (NASDAQ: XPEL), a leading supplier of automotive paint protection films, window films, ceramic coatings, and commercial/residential flat glass film, is currently seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst for its San Antonio, TX headquarters.
The Finance team is responsible for improving strategic and financial decision-making across the company. We are seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst to be a part of our growing team.
This role is responsible for proactively improving the capabilities of Power BI in response to the evolving needs of the Finance team and the broader business. Additionally, this role will be involved with financial planning and reporting and will work to integrate various internal and external data for reporting and analytics purposes.
As a member of the Finance team, this role is expected to lead efforts in improving financial processes ensuring reporting accuracy while building relationships in the organization that instill trust and reduce redundancies.
The ideal candidate possesses a high level of curiosity, can work independently and collaborate on larger projects, and has the ability to analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time.
The right person enjoys a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment, is a proactive problem solver, and strives to be an integral part of the team and success of the Company. We are seeking an individual that has a strong business and analytics experience with exposure to finance, expertise in SQL, familiarity with Netsuite (or other ERP tools), and wants to work with a world class team. The individual should also use their experience to elevate the team’s skills to answer questions from the business.
The salary range for this position is $70,000 - $90,000.
· Power BI: Manage and enhance the financial data in Power BI while continuously adding available data and improving the data extraction process. Maintain and improve executive and sales dashboards utilized for day-to-day operations of the business. Work with Power Query and DAX to implement data transformation and summarization for business needs.
· SQL: Understand the business needs, and use data to answer business questions
· Project Management: Develop new reports in Power BI to meet evolving business and operational needs in collaboration with accounting and finance. Estimate timelines and plans for development and client delivery.
· Training: Design, roll out, and lead internal trainings and regular information sharing activities as it relates to Power BI and Adaptive Insights and other financial systems
· Other: Other duties as assigned.
· Relevant Bachelor’s Degree required in a quantitative field (Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Information Systems, Engineering) with experience in analytics and working with income statements. MBA or other master’s degree a plus.
· 2-5 years of experience in a combination of accounting/finance, business intelligence, data analytics, information systems roles
· Proficient with writing SQL queries, and understanding data relationships and data modeling
· Demonstrated experience with ERPs (Netsuite a plus) and business intelligence tools (Power BI a plus)
· Capacity for understanding business needs, translating them into requirements, and creating deliverables iteratively enhancing them to meet business needs
· Proficient in MS Office Suite (highly proficient in Excel)
· Understanding of accounting principles and financial concepts
· Experience with tracking project progress, and reporting progress to leadership
· Experience in working on cross-functional teams and delivering results in a timely manner
· Experience in educating others (sales, marketing, HR, etc) in business intelligence tools
· Experience in working with data analytics scripting tools a plus (Python, R, or similar scripting tool)
Primarily an office environment indoors with frequent sitting for extended periods of time. Occasional lifting up to 20 lbs, stooping, reaching, and bending.