Accounting Specialist (San Antonio, TX)
XPEL, Inc. (NASDAQ: XPEL), a leading supplier of automotive paint protection films, window films, ceramic coatings and commercial/residential flat glass film, is currently seeking an Accounting Specialist for its San Antonio, TX corporate headquarters.
XPEL offers a casual, fast-paced environment in a growth-oriented company. We offer a very competitive “TOTAL REWARDS” package, including 401(k) matching contributions up to 4%, nearly 3 weeks of PTO, company-paid short and long-term disability and a comprehensive health & wellness package.
Summary We are seeking an Accounting Specialist. The right person will enjoy a fast-paced environment and is a proactive problem solver that wants to contribute to the success of the company. We are seeking a team member that has a strong operational accounting background and likes to balance multiple priorities. You will strive to be an integral part of a growing, publicly traded, multi-national company, will learn and grow constantly, and be supported in all steps of the process by the team and leadership.
• Prepares, enters and posts journal entries to record financial activity to the general ledger for month end processes;
• Perform review of transactions throughout the month to ready items for month end closing procedures;
• Daily reconciliation of cash accounts and credit card funding;
• Reviews invoices and vendor statements for accuracy and ensure that invoices are paid according to terms. Input data into A/P system, post transactions and prepare checks in payment of invoices;
• Monitor aging of receivables, work with the Customer Service department regarding outstanding items, and prepare A/R reporting for management;
• Process expense reports into ERP and reconcile corporate credit card statements;
• Preparation of periodic reports to Management;
• Periodic special projects;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred but not required;
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar position;
• Strong accounting background and experience; Netsuite knowledge preferred but not required
• Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is mandatory
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision; comfortable solving daily problems and bringing resolution without additional guidance needed
• Positive attitude and ability to re-prioritize tasks quickly
• Proficiency Microsoft Word and Outlook
• Proven ability to work and excel in a team environment
• Desire to work in an evolving environment; must be willing to embrace change quickly
• Commitment to professionalism in all interactions with customers, coworkers and management
• Proven ability to maintain good work habits; punctuality and regular attendance are a must
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills