Installation hints that can reduce the learning curve...
- Be sure to take a look at our Installation Pictures and Videos. The pictures and videos on these pages provide invaluable information on different installation techniques that otherwise would be very difficult to explain.
- Be sure to overlap strokes to avoid trapping air or solution under the material. Bubbles tend to form most often at curves and contours, so pay special attention in these areas.
- Don't be afraid to stretch the material. The plastic is very resilient and can be stretched extensively without harming the kit. This stretching is imperative for proper fit, as our kits are designed to be stretched to reduce the amount of excess material near the edges of contoured surfaces
- The material may be gently pulled back up in areas if necessary to reposition the kit, or if you find that you have trapped dirt, air or an excessive amount of solution under the material. Do not worry about small pockets of solution trapped under the material, as over time the solution will evaporate, making the spot unnoticeable. Air, however, must be removed.
- Any attempt to pull the material back up must be done within 10 minutes of application or excessive stretching will occur, so check the kit often for bubbles. If you accidentally stretch the material too far, you may end up with the kit overlapping the edges of the panel.
- If you are uncertain about any part of the installation, please contact technical support at (800) 447-9928.